Monday, January 29, 2007

It aint over...yet

Its been awhile but I'm back in the saddle again. Apart from the v airy happy feeling in my head after an admit decision, there's a whole other tornado going on in my humble little cranium.
So here's my updated list of all that I must accomplish before getting on a flight to France

  • Pay the deposit. The ulcer this 10% deposit is causing me is making me wonder what the state of my digestion system will be when in debt of close to $90,000!
  • Learn French. Though I'm still confused if I should make Spanish my 3rd language...may help with the Latam course and the entire emerging markets scenario. Any suggestions which would help more?
  • Get the International Drivers license, even though I doubt I can afford renting a car for the whole year. But it may help on short trips across the French country side :) though my bank balance loudly lets me know that any holidays from now to July 08 are just a fantasy
  • Figure out the list of visas I'll be needing - French, Shengen, Swizz & UK. Maybe I can get to Wharton on my tourist?
  • Start on the pre MBA reading list. Its only about 5 books but Where's the time?
  • Start an accounts 101 and a finance 101 course. Want to wiggle out of the foundation course in hopes of saving some moolah but Shall I repeat - where is the #%^& time?
  • Find a house & house mates. No problem here except where is the money?
  • Write all the scholarship essays. Well here is the money but guess what? I pay the deposit & then just wait & hope I get to be the lucky 20% who gets any money out at all.
  • Figure out an education loan, though most of the one's on offer fall woefully short of what I really need.
  • Shop for winter, shop for college, shop for fun. But what about that money, honey?
And some wise soul had advised that from now to August was just R&R.... no hopes on that happening. So this is the next leg of this long road, so all say Hail Mary( or whatever religious/ quasi religious/philosophical/theological expression that helps) and hop on for the ride.

1 comment:

Inblue said...

WOW .. I had this in the grey cells but you've got it all on paper. Excellent. so what books are you targetting ?

I agree there's so much to do and so little time. :)

Add statistics to your Accounts 101 and Fiannce.