Friday, February 02, 2007

Reading List & CFA

So this is the reading list for INSEAD though for the year 2005. Maybe it will have some more additions.
I have a query - is anyone planning on doing the CFA? I fear I'm too late in the game but wanted to know where I can get more info on the same. I know atleast some of you have already cleared beginner levels. Anyone wanna do a informational post on the benefits, time, effort required etc.?


  1. Essentials of Accounting, (9th Edition)

Authors: Robert N. Anthony, Leslie K Breitner

Publisher: Prentice Hall

ISBN: 978-0131496934

  1. Finance For Executives (3rd Edition)

Authors: Gabriel Hawawini, Claude Viallet

Publisher: South Western College Publications

ISBN: 978-0324274318

  1. Principles of Microeconomics (4th Edition)

Author: N. Gregory Mankiw

Publisher: South Western College Publications

ISBN: 978-0324319163

4 comments:

asiangal said...

CFA has been a great opportunity for me to brush up on finance topics that I wouldn't have learned from my job otherwise. You can definitely still make it for the June 2007 exam, but I reco you start by the first week of March at the very latest. You need to seriously devote around 20 to 25 hours of study a week from March to June (depending on your current background, etc). Best of luck! =)

ipoel said...

are you thinking of taking CFA level 1? if yes.. get the book now and start studying.. I believe they say you need to dedicate 300 hours total before the exam? Let me see if I can try to gather info and create a post on it :)

Dee said...

Thanks for the info though 300 hours sound so daunting! I also have to start French lessons...
Do please do a post when yu get the time- i'm rather the naive one in this world :)

Alex said...

I already got my charter last year. good luck with it!