Monday, February 05, 2007

The Storm after the admit

So the CFA plan is canned...at least for now. Between Feb and August one has to master a foreign language or at the very least learn enough to pass a test by the fiercely protective Franco-phones.
One also has to work to keep skin on the bones, though any dreams of saving enough to last a season on foreign shores, with decidedly unfair currency exchange, is fast evaporating.

And another strange emotion is taking grip. After months of anxious applications and awaiting judgment day, a weird calm has descended. With it have the doubts - will this investment be a wise decision, will I get a good job, will the diversity work for or against me, will I make friends or feel alienated, will i manage to cope with the workload, will I...

As I grapple with all of these issues I suddenly realize my new status amongst friend, family and colleagues - somehow my achievement is theirs, they are proud and sure, for the first time there is a unanimous feeling that my star is on the ascendant, somehow with me reaching these schools has given them a surge of hope, of change and of control over their own destiny.

I brush off the crumbs of doubts and hope the wind in my sail suddenly doesn't die out.

2 comments:

righty said...

Great post! Very well captured thoughts... I cannot agree more...

zanat0s said...

you can read about INSEAD, it is a great place
@ http://zanat0s.typepad.com