Thursday, February 08, 2007

The unwelcome 'welcome' call

Some freakish moments- received an email yesterday from the associate director of the MBA program stating she wanted to review some information!
Had a sleepless night & imagined various sets of problems & complications.
Got a call at 9:30 am with a cheery voiced woman which dissolved my fears. It was a welcome call! Short, sweet and v friendly. I already feel like this place was meant for me.

What they failed in on their acceptance package they made up with this call.
The acceptance package was barely 3 pages of basic quality paper with a handwritten congratulations & signature. I think they should have carried the marketing effort onwards with a brochure of activities & life on campus. After all some percentage of the applicants must have had other offers too. Sounds shallow and yes no one bases their decisions on the quality of paper & images but I do feel it pays to whet the appetite...what say?

2 comments:

Neha@ papermagictwigs said...

hey, have been follwoing your blog once in a while for insead updates.. congratulations on the admit!

Sandeep Laxman said...

Hi man!
First of all congrats on yr admit. I am Sandeep. I am also from Bombay and working as a consultant. I too wanted to do an MBA from INSEAD. I would like to talk to you about it. Can you please mail me yr contact at:

sandeep.laxman@gmail.com

Thanks!