Friday, January 05, 2007

INSEAD interview update

An update on my INSEAD interview -
After weeks of chasing my interviewer I finally met her in the last week of December. I was peeved at being asked to keep calling and then having the appointment can celled. So went prepared to meet someone I was not going to like but came back feeling not so bad.
the interview was long and exhausting - lasted an hour and a half and I felt we covered a lot of ground. I would even say we exposed my weak areas and hopefully strengthened some otherwise weak spots. The interviewer followed the same path as others but somehow different individuals make the experience wholly dissimilar.
this interview took place in my interviewers house. I didn't ask but I think she has left her job. It started with her dog sniffing me and her daughter & friend bursting in & out. Even her husband came back and decided to move about the house in shorts. So yes the setting was most definitely not professional but the interview was.
What a contrast to my LBS one - the setting was an investment bank but the tone was uber friendly and casual. Here it was the opposite. My interviewer took her time, was very
professional and cold, though I'd like to believe she thawed by the end of it.
She didn't reveal any information regarding her feedback. She felt I was one of the most unusual candidates she had met but my 'diversity' could work for or against me since the competition was so high.
Oh well as again time will tell...
(Have to say though she had some great art on her walls, maybe all the culture you pick up after INSEAD and hopefully a job too which can afford it all :)

1 comment:

Forrest Gump said...

good luck for insead. it is a great school - hopefully you will get in.