Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Scholarship Blues

Just finished one of the most grueling jobs I've ever undertaken and sleep is seeming to be a luxury to pine for... good preparation for an intensive MBA, I suppose.
So after about 125 hours of little or no sleep I find myself sitting in front of the comp in my first free hour in a month, hoping to find the motivation to get started on my scholarship essays...
even the prospect of winning close to all my tuition is not making the gray cells work and I find myself drifting to this blog and of others, in hopes to feel connected to my goal of an MBA...
After months of obsessing about little apart from an admit decision, I find myself drifting on a fast track life without a moments pause to wonder - how did I find myself here? is this really my dream? is this going to realize my ambitions? c est la vie....
Am i having doubts about doing an MBA? no not really...just after the entire gamut of feelings experienced in the process of gaining an admit, I'm feeling a bit disconnected...life is going on and August is feeling far removed...almost a morning dream whose details you cant quite grasp


And as those scholarship essays beckon but little seems to flow out.... except an ardent desire to be on the beaches of goa with hubby dearest, just sitting, doing nothing and staring at the sun... re energizing the stars in our eyes

4 comments:

asiangal said...

125 hours without sleep? Eep, hope you get to catch up on that over the weekend ... best of luck with your scholarship applications! =)

Dee said...

Well what I meant was that I did get a little sleep...sorry for the exaggeration, but ya it was probably a total of 15 hrs spread over 5 days approx....

Le blog hog said...

Good luck w/ the scholarships! I'm a fellow INSEAD admit that has decided to jump into the glamorous Blogger lifestyle...

http://lebloghog.blogspot.com/

Neha@ papermagictwigs said...

hey! Thanks for the comment. The house looks fab (bonapart or cityjunction search?), and i'm sure you'll have a good chance at the scholarship, good luck girl!
I guess i will see you at fonty too! What's your name though? :)