Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The long road

Unlike most of the people in line for MBA, mine was not a life long dream. Infact I was one of those people who looked at the dark suits and frowned with disapproval. The corporate life was something to be shunned and that I did.
Then suddenly in July the bug bit and hard. Why? I dont really know. Like most big decisions, this one was also rather ambiguous in formation. No big thunderbolt from the sky but suddenly I was ready for a new role.
The bargain I stuck with myself was to prepare for the GMAT and if the scores are decent then go for it. That was it. The extent of my preparation.
But you wouldnt think it if you met me now 5 months down the line. Lately all I talk, dream, write, discuss, read about is the grand MBA dream.
And as the D-day comes forth, I'm on tenterhooks. I think they should just give you an MBA for applying. The preparation just doesnt end.
GMAT preparation, GMAT test, Essays, Applications, Transcripts,Recommendations, Resumes, Job description, Application Fees and then a long silent wait.
Then the constant nagging fear 'Am I in? Am I out? Am I in?'
Then the second round of frantic dances begins- interviews and then again the long agonizing wait...
Through the insecurity you plan ahead or atleast try your level best to. I mean you dont really know which city or which country is going to be your home from the next year. How much money are you going to need? New clothes? new friends? visas? fees? scholarships? new careers? and on and on it goes.

Think I'm going a little numb. just a bit. To tell the truth:

This wait is killing me

1 comment:

Continental Drift said...

I hear ya! Of late, I've been quite one-dimensional in my thinking too. All that occupies are dreams of an "Admit."

Where are you plannig to apply in the 2nd round?