Saturday, December 02, 2006

Interview over & out of my hands

Thanks to all for all the wishes, I hope to meet some of you at some school on some continent, in some country under some circumstances.
I started the MBA journey in June and I have no clarifications on any of the 'some's listed above :)
So now for the interview update.
I met an alum from LBS, an investment banker (expected that) and he turned out be very nice. He was extremely open and chatty and very welcoming. The interview was in his office, the investment floor of a large bank. Interesting lace though I've been to one before when the floor was abuzz and alive with action. My interview of course was at the end of the day and the space was rather quiet.
We started with the most common of all Q's - why mba? I started my rehearsed, rehashed line he smiled and said 'I'm hearing jargon now"
Quickly changed tactics and relaxed since he seemed humorous. The q's were all of the expected kind but were framed more conversationally. I have no clue if I answered it well or not coz once I get chatty, well I get chatty.
The case presentation was interesting and I hope I fared well though on second thoughts I may have messed up understanding the basic issue. Hope not. V much like GMAT AWA.
All in all it took a little over an hour.
I asked a lot of questions especially regarding financial planning for LBS,London life, exchange programs,oppertunities. I suppose the problem was that I was meeting someone who wwas available to talk about my dream school and the questions just kept pouring out. I'm hoping I didnt mess it up.

Its out of my hands now and I've started counting down to Dec 19th already (17 full days to go)

1 comment:

Iday said...

Sounds good. All the best for the results :)